This page provides information about the IRS Office Wichita location.
IRS Office Wichita – 555 N. Woodlawn, Building 4, Wichita, KS 67208
The IRS Office at Wichita is located in a downtown area, with federal, non-federal, and various other business locations nearby. This office is a two-story building with a beige façade, and a wide-open parking lot in front. Concord Mortgage Company is the major tenant at this location, and few others like IRS are leased tenants. Important locations close to the Wichita IRS office are Credit Union of America, Emprise Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Genesis Health Clubs – East Central, Schreck Financial Group etc. A narrow creek named Dry Creek flows nearby.
East on 13th Street: Head west on E 13th Street N toward N Rock Road. Take a left turn onto N Woodlawn Street, then turn right after quarter to a mile. Make another left turn, the IRS Office will be on the left.
West on E Central Avenue: Head east on E Central Avenue toward N Pinecrest Street, then take a left turn onto N Brookside Street. Take a left turn, then two consecutive right turns, and continue straight. Make a right turn towards IRS office after seeing signs. The IRS Office will be on the left.
North on Woodlawn Street: Head south on N Woodlawn Street toward E 13th Street North. Take a right turn after crossing the E Murdock Street cross-street. Then, take a left turn toward the IRS Office, which will be on the left.
South on Woodlawn Boulevard: Head north on S Woodlawn Boulevard Street toward E English Street. After crossing E Elm Street, take two consecutive left turns for the IRS Office.
Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with a one-hour lunch break from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm. This office follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at your local IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
All public visitors are required to make appointments prior to visiting by calling the number provided above.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
This office provides on-premises public parking facility for the employees and visitors to this compound.
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID is required for the confirmation of identity and appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)