On Friday the IRS website made available an online portal for non-filers to submit their information to get their stimulus payments.
Who needs to use the portal?
If you receive:
- veterans disability compensation
- a pension
- or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- or your income level does not require you to file a tax return
then you need to submit information to the IRS to receive an Economic Impact Payment.
Who does not need to use the portal?
The following non-filer taxpayers do not need to use the portal:
- You receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or SSDI benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment.
- You have already filed a 2019 federal income tax return.
- Your 2019 gross income exceeded $12,200 ($24,400 for a married couple) or other reasons require you to file a 2019 federal tax return.
- You were married at the end of 2019 and are not submitting information here with your spouse.
- You were not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident in 2019.
What information will you have to provide?
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse
How do I access the portal?
You can provide your information through freefile, link here.