This page provides information about the IRS Office Downers Grove location.
IRS Office Downers Grove – 2001 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515
The IRS Office at Downers Grove is located in the Esplanade I building.
East on Butterfield Road: Head west on Butterfield Road toward Esplanade Road and take either of the left 2 lanes to make a left turn onto Lacey Road. The prominent tall Esplanade I building will be on the left of this road.
West on Butterfield Road: Head east on Butterfield Road toward Bob O Link Road and take the left 2 lanes to turn right onto Lacey Road. After a hundred feet, make another right turn onto the IRS Office building.
North on IL-53: Head south on IL-53 South toward Glen Park Road. Make a left turn onto Butterfield Road and take either of the left 2 lanes to turn right onto Lacey Road. Turn right again, onto the IRS Building entrance road.
South on IL-53: Head northwest on Ginkgo Way toward IL-53 North and make a right turn at the 1st cross street onto IL-53 North. After a mile, turn right onto Butterfield Road. Take either of right 2 lanes to turn right onto Lacey Road. Proceed a hundred feet until the Esplanade I entrance road is seen on the right, then turn onto it.
Monday through Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, follows the federal holiday schedule.
How to make an appointment
If you require face-to-face service at an IRS office, you must call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive an automated email confirming the day and time of your appointment.
Esplanade I has a 5-storied parking facility and separate executive garages. Parking may not be free, but finding a visitors’ spot will not be very difficult. Commercial parking lots are available nearby as well.
Public visitors might need to pass through electronic security equipment. Presenting a government issued valid ID might be mandatory for gaining access to the building, and the confirmation of appointment.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Basic tax law assistance January 2 – April 18 (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Multilingual assistance (over 150 languages translated)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (based on availability)